- Club Maintenance – clean and spruce up the club house, courts and grounds. Bacon sarnie and teas/coffees provided. 10:00am to midday. Please let either Allen, Trish or Colin know if you can help.
- Turbo Tournament – first event of the year, all member age groups welcome, free to enter. 2:00pm start. Sign up sheets in the Club House or let Sue know.
- Wimbledon draw – for those who have registered on the LTA website. 5:00pm start.
See the events planned for this season – a combination of fun events, quizzes and themed social get togethers. Look at then social notice board in the clubhouse for updates and additional events in the pipeline
NB Please pencil in the Spring Quiz in April, Club Summer BBQ on June 22nd and Club Finals day on July 20th into into your diary.
- Saturday April 6th -Maintenance Morning – Turbo Tennis Tournament in the afternoon Followed by the Wimbledon Draw
- Saturday April 27th – Spring Quiz Evening
- Saturday May 18th – Open Day
- Saturday June 22nd -Derek Sledge Tournament and Mid Summer/ Chairman’s BBQ
- Saturday July 20th – Finals Day
- Saturday September 14th – Autumn Quiz Night
- Sunday 22nd September -Turbo Tennis Tournament followed by a Possible Auction
- Saturday 12th October -Craft Beer and Games Night
- Sunday 27th October
- Winter Warmer Tournament -Sunday 8th December
Quite a lot going on in recent weeks. Here is a round up of recent News
- The Club Finals Day was eventually played after initially being rained off. A reasonable attendance saw some good tennis and a fun times was had by all. Congratulations to the winners.
- The mixed Double final is still to be re-scheduled
- We have created a new 3 Month Family Membership Offer – £50 for 3 months for all family members. ( see Membership pages if you are interested)
- We are very happy to say we have renewed sponsorship from the Kings Group and they have mentioned us in their blog see link https://www.kings-group.net/articles/kings-group-is-proud-to-sponsor-enfield-lawn-tennis-club
- You should have all seen a mail launching the Mixed Rota on Thursday evenings. If you are interested its not too late to sign up.
- Finally look out for posters for the next Social Event which will be a Games Night on the 17th November – come along and play a variety of games and try some craft beer.
Thanks again to all the volunteers at the club who help make things happen.
NEW DATE SATURDAY THE 29th
New order or play will be ( times are approximate)
- 1pm Mens Singles
- 2:30pm Mens Doubles
- 3:00 Ladies doubles
- 4:30 Ladies Singles
Come along, even if only for a little while and enjoy some good tennis and provide your support. Refreshments will be available and the Bar will be open.
NB – Mixed Doubles will now be played at a later date
QUIZ NIGHT REMINDER – FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH
Includes Fish and Chip Supper – £10 per head
GET YOUR TEAMS ORGANISED.
Sign up sheet in clubhouse
Look out for email reminders sent with full details
Just a reminder that the Summer BBQ is coming up and looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible up at the club. This is a new annual event we hope will become a regular on the Social Calendar.
It will be held on Saturday 23rd June 2018, weather permitting, starting at 5:00pm.
The cost will be £10 for adults, £5 for under 18’s and this will get you some delicious food and a free beverage. The bar will be open as well, with drinks available at our usual super cheap prices.
This event is open to all – members and friends or relations.
If you would like to work up a hunger or thirst, feel free to come along early on the day and play some tennis with some like-minded souls.
On Sunday ELTC took over Hatfield House Real Tennis Court for the Afternoon. There were many laughs as we all tried to get grips with “chases” and “bobble serves” but towards the end of the session some quality tennis was played! Poor Quality!
Thanks to the local assistant pro James for his patience and enthusiasm.